This Sound Wall bundle includes the complete sound wall display, mouth articulation photos, AND explicit sound wall lesson plans and student activities to help you effectively utilize a sound wall in your kindergarten, first and second-grade classroom!
A sound wall is a way to organize and display the different sounds (or phonemes) we hear in speech. Similar to a word wall, a sound wall (with mouth pictures) is a place for students to reference when they are spelling and reading words. But UNLIKE a traditional A-Z word wall (where words are grouped by their beginning letter), words on a sound wall are grouped by their sounds.
This resource includes all the components you will need to give your students an effective tool as they are learning to read and write!
Included in this download:
- Large Sound Spelling Cards (10.5 x5.3)
- Small Sound Spelling Cards ( 8 x5.1)
- Phoneme Cards
- Diverse Children Mouth Articulation Photos
- 47 Word Lists and Sound Formation info Cards
- Sound Spelling Picture Cards – 2 CHOICES
- Phoneme Group Labels
- Bulletin Board Headers -2 styles
- Virtual Interactive Sound Wall – Google Slides
- Soundwall Locks + Instruction video
- Phoneme-Grapheme Dictionary
- Sound Card Alphabet Line
- Vowel Valley Printable Chart (4 versions)
- Consonant Printable Chart (4 versions)
- A-Z Sound Spelling Chart for student folders
- (3 versions in color and black/white)
- Alphabet Chart (color and b/w)
- My ABC Dictionary
- Build Your Own Sound Wall Activity
This sound wall teacher guide with lesson plans includes everything you need to explicitly and systematically introduce and utilize a sound wall with your Kindergarten, 1st grade or 2nd grade students. Over and over, I kept hearing the question, “Christina, I’ve bought my sound wall but now what?” My intention with this resource is to both educate teachers on how to make a sound wall a meaningful learning tool and to provide you with explicit and systematic lesson plans for introducing using a sound wall with your students.
I created this resource as a companion to my Sound Wall, but this teacher guide can be used with any sound wall or phonics scope & sequence! Each lesson plan is a step by step guide for introducing the phoneme & sound card, articulation gestures and graphemes.
Included in this resource:
⭐️ Teacher Resources:
- 47 lesson plans for introducing phonemes and graphemes to students (all 44 phonemes of the English language plus c, qu and x)
- Consonant Sound Wall & Vowel Valley Overviews
- Phoneme to Grapheme Dictionary
- Routines for daily and weekly review
- Common questions & answers
- Suggested Scope & Sequence
- Examples of beginning of the year sound walls (K-2)
- Additional resources to further expand on teacher knowledge of sound walls
⭐️ Students resources:
- Sound Wall Dictionary
- Cut and paste sound wall activity
- Personal student sound walls
- Grapheme handwriting practice for consonants and short vowels