This sound wall teacher guide with lesson plans includes everything you need to explicitly and systematically introduce and utilize a sound wall with your Kindergarten, 1st grade or 2nd grade students. Over and over, I kept hearing the question, “Christina, I’ve bought my sound wall but now what?” My intention with this resource is to both educate teachers on how to make a sound wall a meaningful learning tool and to provide you with explicit and systematic lesson plans for introducing using a sound wall with your students.
This resource is a companion to the resource, but can also be used with any phonics scope and sequence or sound wall! Each lesson plan is a step by step guide for introducing the phoneme & sound card, articulation gestures and graphemes.
⭐️ Teacher Resources:
- 47 lesson plans for introducing phonemes and graphemes to students (all 44 phonemes of the English language plus c, qu, & x)
- Consonant Sound Wall & Vowel Valley Overviews
- Phoneme to Grapheme Dictionary
- Routines for daily and weekly review
- Common questions & answers
- Suggested Scope & Sequence
- Examples of beginning of the year sound walls (K-2)
- Additional resources to further expand on teacher knowledge of sound walls
⭐️ Students resources:
- Sound Wall Dictionary
- Cut and paste sound wall activity
- Personal student sound walls
- Grapheme handwriting practice for consonants and short vowels