This six syllable types printable and digital resource comes with everything you need to teach the syllable types to your kindergarten, first and second grade students! The Science of Reading shows us that teaching students the six syllable types helps students to decode bigger, more complex words and become more effective readers.
Use the digital teaching slides for whole group guided instruction when first introducing syllable types.
Next, work with small groups of students on decoding one syllable, two syllable, and three syllable words by using the small group printables.
When students begin to master different syllable types, they can practice independently by using the printable practice sheets or digital practice slides.
Use the included syllable-type posters at a center or designated place in your classroom where students can reference them as needed.
- Scope & sequence of syllable types
- Information for the teacher and additional resources links
- Teaching posters for each syllable type with definitions and examples
- Teaching slides for 72 words (Google Slides)
- 30 small group or center printables w/ student self-check
- 30 Independent student practice printables
- 59 digital slides for independent student practice (Google Slides)
- Seesaw PNGS included if you’d like to upload activities – this is not a premade Seesaw activity