This Narrative Writing Unit has all you need to incorporate narrative writing into your Kindergarten literacy centers! Designed with standards-based research, this resource includes two mini-lessons, suggested mentor texts and online resources, academic vocabulary posters, anchor charts, and differentiated writing prompts.
These seasonal and all-year-long writing prompts are designed as 3 differentiated versions to meet Kindergarten students where they are developmentally throughout the year. Each writing prompt comes with a vocabulary word web to assist young writers in brainstorming ideas and spelling words while writing.
In addition, students can edit their work with the self-editing checklists. This narrative writing center is perfect for whole-class writing, small group writing, literacy center activities, homework, or as a meaningful writing activity when you have a substitute teacher.
- Unpacking the standard & notes for the teacher
- Suggested mentor text & online resources
- Academic vocabulary teaching posters
- Anchor charts
- Differentiated writing prompts for beginning, middle, and end of year
- Vocabulary word webs for each writing prompt topic
- Graphic organizers for planning writing
There are no reviews yet.