This is a sample of my Heart Words Resource that includes 5 words.
The traditional method for learning high frequency words by rote memorization doesn’t work for all students. Using orthographic mapping strategies, the science-based heart word method teaches students to sound out the parts of irregular words that do follow phonics rules. Students then only need to learn a small portion of the word that is the “tricky part” by heart.
This resource is science based and includes everything you need to successfully teach your students how to utilize the heart word method in order to become successful readers. This NO PREP resource will save you time and allow you to feel confident while teaching your students to become heart word masters!
Included in the :
- Research based best practices and teaching tips for the teacher
- Digital teaching slides for 220 high frequency sight words
- Independent student practice printable for each word
- Foldable craftivity to further extend and enhance student learning for each word
- Words and heading for Heart Words bulletin board