These differentiated alphabet decodable sentence building activities give kindergarten students practice reading and writing words that explicitly taught alphabet skills. This resource can be used for student review, independent work, or as a literacy center!
This set of alphabet sentences follows an explicit and systematic scope & sequence for Kindergarten phonics skills.
Each sentence is a phonics-based controlled text sentence that contains target phonics skill words, previously taught phonics skill words, and irregular high-frequency words. The science of reading shows us that the connection between what our students learn in phonics and what they read & write is imperative for building a strong foundation in early reading!
After building each sentence with word cards, students write the sentence on their printable. They then use the student self-check to edit for accuracy.
This resource contains the following options in order for the teacher to easily differentiate based on student needs:
- 2 versions of each printable recording sheet: One version has a sentence stem that requires the student to fill in the blank with a target phonics skill word. The other version does not have a sentence stem and instead requires the student to write the entire sentence.
- 2 versions of sentence building word cards: Large word cards are perfect to pair with a pocket chart and small cards can be used at a small group table or student desk.
Included in this sentence building resource:
- master sentences list
- 44 decodable sentences —>2 versions of recording printables for differentiation
- 44 interactive digital Google slides PRELOADED
- 22 recording sheets (2 versions of each)
- teacher tips for use
Phonics Skills included:
Mm, short a, Ss, Pp, Tt, short i, Nn Bb, Cc, Short o, Ff, Hh, Dd, Rr, Gg, Short e, Ll, Short u, Kk, Ww, Jj, Xx, Vv, Qu, Yy, Zz
❓❓Looking for 1st or 2nd grade sentence building activities? Click here >> Sentence Building for 1st and 2nd graders!