This how to writing resource has been UPDATED to include 16 printable and digital how to writing prompts, anchor charts, vocabulary posters, and a mini-lesson!
This mini-unit includes everything you need to incorporate how-to writing into your literacy centers. This resource is designed with standards-based research and includes a mini-lesson, suggested mentor text and online resources, academic vocabulary posters, anchor chart, and seasonal how-to writing prompts.
Each writing prompt includes a story specific, picture supported vocabulary word bank. The graphic organizer provides students with structure and support while outlining their writing and additional publishing paper is provided for each prompt if you wish students to create a final draft.
In addition, students can edit their work with the provided self-editing checklists. This how-to writing center is perfect for whole class writing, small group writing, literacy center activities, homework, or as a meaningful writing activity when you have a substitute teacher.
- Unpacking the standard & notes for the teacher
- Suggested mentor text & Online resources
- Mini-Lesson for How-to writing
- Academic vocabulary teaching posters
- Graphic Organizer with self-editing checklist
- Publishing Paper- primary lined
- 16 How-to writing prompts –Print and Digital Google Slides
- Digital Images to upload to Seesaw if you wish
- How to Carve a Pumpkin
- How to Rake Leaves
- How to Make Applesauce
- How to Make Apple Pie
- How to Make a Gingerbread Man
- How to Build a Snowman
- How to Make Snow Cream
- How to Dress for Winter Weather
- How to Fly a Kite
- How to Grow a Plant
- How to Dress for Rain
- How to Make a Pizza
- How to Build a Sandcastle
- How to Make Lemonade
- How to Make a Banana Split
- How to Catch a Fish