1st Grade Spelling Word lists – AUTO FILL EDITABLE
These print and go spelling lists are an engaging word work practice for grade 1 but it could easily be used to enrich Kindergarten students or as an intervention with 2nd graders.
Included in this resource:
- a year-long master word list
- 33 weeks of spelling word lists 3 options: trace and write, word shapes, and half sheet trace and write
- pocket chart or sorting word cards
- EDITABLE TEMPLATES of word lists and word cards
- blank templates (print and write) to use as needed for further review
These lists can be used with any balanced literacy program! It is a great scope and sequence for emergent/beginning fluent readers & writers. You will notice the last two words suggested are not part of the spelling pattern, but two high frequency words. The weekly lists start with 8 words, then 10 words, and by the end of the year 12 words. There are 33 lists included and blank templates of each (in case you would like to make your own list for further review etc.).
I use them after introducing the new phonics skill as a reinforcement of what I have taught. It has also been a good way for students to communicate with parents about their weekly spelling skills. These lists would also be a great way to reinforce accuracy mini lessons as part of word work centers. Using the dotted lines is also an opportunity for students to practice penmanship.
Other grade level spelling: