Our Blissful team is growing! In an effort to serve even more teachers and provide them with the resources they need, we are looking to hire a new Curriculum Specialist.
Are you a K-2 teacher (or recently out of the classroom) who has a passion for the Science of Reading and experience with creating engaging resources for K-2 students?
Are you passionate about literacy and have a heart for serving teachers? Then, this flexible, part-time work-from-home position is for you!
We are looking for the perfect candidate to join our team as a Curriculum Specialist! This position will work alongside the Curriculum Team in creating lower elementary (K-2) resources that are engaging, hands-on, and rigorous. The Curriculum Specialist will be responsible for planning, content creation, and curriculum writing.
This role is a part-time position with the ability to work from home. Only applicants in the United States are eligible to apply.
This position requires someone who is highly organized, is a creative thinker, and has a strong understanding of Structured Literacy and K-2 CCSS standards in order to create high-quality resources for students.
Includes the following, but not limited to:
- Design & write content for K-2 structured literacy resources
- Collaborate with the Curriculum Team to plan and develop high-quality content
- Follow plans and outlines closely for writing curriculum content
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Review student resources for quality, design, and accuracy
- Proof-read content, spotting and resolving inconsistencies or errors
- Attend weekly (virtual) team meetings with Team Bliss
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The perfect candidate has the following strengths and experience:
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Thrives with creating a plan and meeting deadlines
- Passionate about creating quality resources
- Comfortable receiving and giving feedback
- 3+ years of full-time teaching experience in a Kindergarten, First or Second Grade Classroom is required.
- Experience with Structured Literacy
- Knowledge of the Science of Reading
- Vast knowledge of K-2 CCSS standards and objectives
- Experience creating original resources and activities for students
- Ability to learn new programs quickly
- Reliable internet and computer access is a must
- Willingness to be part of a positive team and learn
ABOUT MRS. WINTER’S BLISS
Since 2013 Mrs. Winter’s Bliss has helped hundreds of thousands of elementary teachers ease the burden and bring the BLISS into teaching. Our mission is to provide engaging yet manageable ideas & resources for classrooms that save precious teacher time and leads each student to achieve their highest potential! Learn more about Christina and Mrs. Winter’s Bliss here.
Please submit the following to complete the application process:
Fill out this Google Form then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: I’m your new curriculum specialist! with A brief 2-3 minute video introducing yourself and telling us why you would be the perfect addition to Team Bliss.
We will be taking applications over the next 7-10 days and then setting up interviews.
This is a part-time (15-20 hours weekly), flexible work-from-home position earning $25 an hour.
We are growing and this position could turn into something even bigger for the right person. 💕