Help students sharpen phonemic awareness skills with Fun Phonics Finds! These NO PREP r-controlled vowel & diphthong phonics activities are an engaging way to help students demonstrate their understanding of sounds and practice writing words with the target sound-spelling pattern.
Included in this phonics resource are 2 versions of each activity:
- Students read the words with the target phonemes and find pictures to match.
- Students find pictures with the target phoneme, sort, and write the words to match.
- R-Controlled Vowel – ar
- R-Controlled Vowel – ur
- R-Controlled Vowel – ir
- R-Controlled Vowel – or, ore
- R-Controlled Vowel – er, ir, ur
- R-Controlled Vowel – ar, er, or
- R-Controlled Vowel – mixed review
- Diphthongs – au, aw
- Diphthongs – oi, oy
- Diphthongs – ou, ow
- Diphthongs – long oo, short oo
- Complex Vowels – alk, all
These printable worksheets would be perfect for morning work, independent practice after a mini-lesson, or even homework.