The science of reading shows us that students need explicit and systematic instruction on phonics rules & spelling patterns. This resource was created as a teacher’s guide to the many rules & spelling pattern generalizations that occur in the English language! You’ll get information on all 44 phonemes plus x, qu and silent e, as well as printable teaching posters for some of the most commonly taught spelling patterns!
This resource includes information on all 44 phonemes plus x, qu and silent e. Each phoneme information page has spelling pattern generalizations, frequency of common graphemes, other less frequently used graphemes, word list for instruction.
Included in this resource:
- 28 page Phonics Guidebook with information on all 44 phonemes plus x, qu, and silent e.
- 23 Teaching Posters with colorful pictures & guide words
Phonics skills included:
- short vowels a, e, i, o, u
- consonants b, c, d, f, g, h, j, k, l, m, n, p, qu, r, s, t, v, w, x, y, z
- digraphs ch, sh, th (voiced & voiceless), ng, wh, /zh/
- long vowels a, e, i, o, u
- silent e
- diphthongs & variant vowels oi/oy, ou/ow, short oo, long oo, aw
- r-controlled vowels ar, er/ir/ur, or