2nd Grade Opinion Writing Prompts, Graphic Organizers, & Literacy Centers
This Opinion Writing unit includes everything you need to incorporate opinion writing into your 2nd grade classroom! This resource is designed with standards-based research and includes a mini-lesson to use as a review, suggested opinion writing mentor texts and online resources, academic vocabulary posters, anchor chart, graphic organizers and seasonal writing prompts.
Each prompt comes with differentiated publishing paper that has a story specific vocabulary word bank to assist young writers in brainstorming ideas and spelling words while writing. In addition, students can edit their work with the self-editing checklists.
This opinion writing center is perfect for whole class writing, small group writing, literacy center activities, homework, or as a meaningful writing activity when you have a substitute teacher.
- Unpacking the standard & notes for the teacher
- Suggested mentor text & online resources
- Academic vocabulary teaching posters
- Anchor chart
- Generic graphic organizers & publishing paper (for any topic)
- Book review graphic organizer & publishing paper
- Seasonal writing prompts (6 Fall, 6 Winter, 6 Summer, 6 Spring 4 Anytime of the Year) PRINTABLE & DIGITAL (GOOGLE SLIDES uploaded PLUS Seesaw images included if you want to upload)
- Would You Rather? Conversational Opinion Center