This writing mini-unit includes everything you need to incorporate opinion writing into your Kindergarten literacy centers! This resource is designed with standards-based research and includes a mini-lesson to use as a review, suggested mentor text and online resources, academic vocabulary posters, anchor chart, seasonal writing prompts, and conversational task cards.
Each writing prompt comes with traceable sentence stems and picture supported vocabulary word bank to assist young writers in brainstorming ideas and spelling words while writing. In addition, students can edit their work with the self-editing checklists.
This opinion writing center is perfect for whole class writing, small group writing, literacy center activities, homework, or as a meaningful writing activity when you have a substitute teacher.
- Unpacking the standard & notes for the teacher
- Suggested mentor text & Online resources
- Academic vocabulary teaching posters
- Anchor chart
- Seasonal Opinion Writing Prompts (5 Fall, 5 Winter, 5 Summer, 5 Spring)
- “Which is Better?” Conversational Opinion Center