This Narrative Writing Unit for 2nd grade has everything you need to incorporate narrative writing into your second grade literacy centers! This resource is designed with standards-based research and includes two mini-lessons to use as a review, suggested mentor texts and online resources, academic vocabulary posters, anchor chart, and seasonal writing prompts.
These writing centers includes seasonal writing prompt choice boards for personal narratives and imaginative narratives. The writing prompts and publishing paper include vocabulary word banks to assist young writers in brainstorming ideas and spelling words while writing.
In addition, students can edit their work with the self-editing checklists. This narrative writing unit is perfect for whole class writing, small group writing, literacy center activities, homework, or as a meaningful writing activity when you have a substitute teacher.
- Unpacking the standard & notes for the teacher
- Suggested mentor text & Online resources
- Mini-Lessons for Personal narrative & Imaginative narrative
- Academic vocabulary teaching posters
- Graphic Organizers (multiple options to differentiate)
- Publishing Paper- primary lined and regular lined with temporal word bank
- Personal narrative seasonal prompt choices (6 each Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) PRINTABLE & DIGITAL (GOOGLE SLIDES)
- Imaginative narrative seasonal fiction titles choices (6 each Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer) PRINTABLE & DIGITAL (GOOGLE SLIDES)
- Rubrics (Personal narrative and Imaginative narrative)
- Prompt images to upload to SEESAW if desired
- Story Sharing (SL 2.1) Expectations & Feedback Sentence Starters for editing with peers