Teach Kindergarten students to spell with these Science of Reading-aligned, NO PREP, weekly Word Study Units. This YEAR LONG word study resource includes a phonics scope and sequence, master word study list, word study practice activities, weekly assessments, editable templates, family letters and MORE! It gives students practice with word recognition, vocabulary, phonics AND spelling!
⭐️⭐️Download the Preview to see everything included! ⭐️⭐️
Word study units are different from traditional spelling units. Instead of giving students a list of words to memorize each week, these word study units focus on a specific phonics skill. Students are given explicit instruction on the phonics pattern and then have activities throughout the week that allow them to practice the phonics skill, and investigate and discover the patterns in words.
Included in this resource:
- A research-based, SoR-aligned Scope and Sequence
- Master Word Study List
- Word Study Teacher Guide
- Word cards
- 3 Practice Printables for Each Unit
- Assessments that include: sound dictation, word dictation, sentence dictation & spelling error analysis
- Editable templates for printables & assessments
- A Family Letter for Each Unit
- A Teacher Assessment Guide and Master Word List