2nd Grade Informative Writing Prompts, Graphic Organizers, & Literacy Centers
This Informational Writing unit includes everything you need to incorporate informative writing into your 2nd grade classrooms! This resource is designed with standards-based research and includes a mini-lesson to use as a review, suggested mentor texts and online resources, academic vocabulary posters, anchor chart, graphic organizers and seasonal writing prompts.
Each prompt comes with publishing paper that has a story-specific vocabulary word bank to assist young writers in brainstorming ideas and spelling words while writing.
In addition, students can edit their work with the self-editing checklists. This informative writing center is perfect for whole class writing, small group writing, literacy center activities, homework, or as a meaningful writing activity when you have a substitute teacher.
- Unpacking the standard & notes for the teacher
- Suggested mentor text & online resources
- Academic vocabulary teaching posters
- Anchor chart
- Generic graphic organizers & publishing paper (for any topic)
- Seasonal writing prompts (5 Fall, 5 Winter, 5 Summer, 5 Spring) PRINTABLE & DIGITAL (GOOGLE SLIDES uploaded PLUS Seesaw images included if you want to upload)
- Roll-a-topic writing center