These Science of Reading-aligned decodable books with comprehension questions and explicit teacher lesson plans are the perfect resource to support your beginning readers. Each decodable story is a phonics-based controlled text that contains target phonics skill words, previously taught phonics skill words, and irregular high-frequency words. The science of reading shows us that the connection between what our students learn in phonics and what they read is imperative for building a strong foundation in early reading.
⭐️ ⭐️ SAVE BIG ON THE BUNDLE: DECODABLE BOOKS BUNDLE ⭐️ ⭐️
This resource contains 14 illustrated, decodable books that align with a research-based systematic phonics scope and sequence and focus on CVCe and long vowel team skills. Explicit lesson plans for each book are provided for the teacher with activities to use before, during and after reading to strengthen students’ phonics skills. The resource includes two different versions of student printables and audio recordings for each passage to ensure you can easily differentiate based on students’ needs. These printable decodable books come in black and white and in color with illustrations by Christian Garvey of Pinewood Press.
Using these decodable books and lesson plans, students will reread the decodable text to build fluency, discuss the text to build comprehension skills, and write about the story to apply and transfer their phonics skills to their writing.
Included in this resource:
- 14 CVCe & Vowel Team decodable books
- Research-based, detailed classroom use suggestions for the teacher
- 2 Decodable books for each story (Color and B&W)
- 1 Explicit teacher lesson plan for each decodable book
- 4 Differentiated student printables for each book– two versions
- 1 Audio recording of each book
- 1 Blending lines printables for each story & instructional video for the teacher
Phonics skills included:
- CVCe a_e
- CVCe i_e
- CVCe o_e
- CVCe u_e
- CVCe e_e
- open syllables – one syllable words (ex. hi, so)
- long vowel a (ai, ay)
- long vowel e (ee, ea)
- long vowel o (oa, ow)
- long vowel i ( _y, igh)
- long vowel u (u, ew, ue)
For more decodable readers, check out my decodable passages bundle.